Bible Deliverance Centre
In the early 70’s, the Lord called Sis. Claire Salandy, already in her late fifties, into ministry. She promptly responded with a loud Here I am, Lord In response, the Lord endued her with a powerful anointing for healing and deliverance.
Sis. Salandy, together with her husband, Ellis, and a few faithful saints began conducting weekly services at her home. Within a short time the impact of the anointing caused the crowds to swell beyond the capacity of the Salandy’s residence at Cemetery Street, Diego Martin. To meet the demand, they sought and found land in upper Cemetery Street, on which they erected a building, only to have it demolished, in short order, by relatives of the donor. However, this was a blessing in disguise, because it triggered a search, which led to the acquisition of property that included the lot on which our new edifice now stands and a building, which was demolished to make way for our present parking lot. That building served for upwards of 20 years as the Sanctuary, Office and other facilities for Bible Deliverance Centre.
In 1995, Rev. Salandy, as a true Apostle, sensed that her time to finish her course, both in ministry and in this life, was drawing near. Understanding the vital principle of continuity in ministry, she began seeking the Lord for someone to whom she could pass the baton of leadership. She related that one day she distinctly heard the Lord say to her,”Call Prophet Vivian Duncan and offer him the leadership of Bible Deliverance Centre”.
At that time, Rev. Salandy did not even know who Prophet Duncan was. However, by divine providence, she heard Prophet Duncan ministering on the radio that very week. She secured his telephone number and the rest of the story reads like a perfect example of the hand of the Lord at work. Prophet Duncan and the team of Ministers of Divine Encounter Fellowship Ministries International accepted the mandate of leadership in that same year.
Here is a highlighted chronology of what has happened thus far:
- Prophet Vivian Duncan of Divine Encounter Fellowship assumed oversight of Bible Deliverance Centre
- Official handing over of Bible Deliverance Centre to Divine Encounter Fellowship Ministries International at celebration of 20th Anniversary.
- Prophet Vivian Duncan and his wife, Pastor Jemma Duncan assumed full responsibility for Bible Deliverance Centre.
- Easter Sunday – The prophetic call to erect a new building.
- Transition process and new building begin.
- Pastor Salandy promoted to glory.
- The Lord gives directive to Prophet Duncan to change the name and structure of the ministry from Bible Deliverance Centre to Divine Destiny Worship Centre. Since then a whole new vision has begun to emerge.
- May 25th – Dedication of present facilities.(First of many to come)
A whole new entity now exists on the very spot where a mighty woman of God decided to take a stand for her God. Where this will go next nobody knows and that is what makes us so excited at Divine Destiny Worship Centre. We are like Abraham; we are looking for that city that place and state of being where our pre-determined destiny will come to full fruition. It is truly an adventure in faith. But we know that as we continue to walk in obedience, history will record that we made it to that city, whose builder and maker is God.
If you are not already one of us, why not join us on our journey. You will not regret it.